Fissure – a crack :
- It is longitudinal crack in the long axis of lower and canal
- Common people call it BADI BAWASEER OR GUDCHEER
- Pain in Anal area, which increases after passing stool
- Agonizing pain, patient prefers to remain constipated rather than going through the agony.
- Bleeding- stools are streaked with blood or Sometime blood driping.
- Constipation – pain is either initiated or aggravated with the passing stool, tendency to defer going to stool, so constipation.
- Burning sensation at the anal opening
- Swelling – A large sentinel tag cause painful external swelling
- Urinary symptoms – some patients may develop retention, dysuria or increased frequency.
Multiple anal fissure with well-marked sentinal pile seen on simple inspection of the anal region
A more superficial anal fissure without sentinal tag